- WASSAN Foundation and WASSAN collaborate with each other in many of the development initiatives. This collaboration is guided by “10 Principles of Partnership” between WASSAN Foundation and WASSAN. These principles are approved by both the Board of Directors of WASSAN and Board of Trustees of WASSAN Public Charitable Trust, in their respective meetings.
- Based on these principles, the roles and responsibilities of WASSAN and WASSAN Foundation are clearly delineated before taking up any project/ initiative. The respective functions of each of the institution are defined in the context of each project, to derive optimum benefits from each of the institution. Generally professional tasks are performed by WASSAN and project management/ financial management services are performed by WASSAN Foundation.
- “10 Principles of Partnership between WASSAN Public Charitable Trust and WASSAN Foundation”: Since WASSAN Foundation and WASSSAN Public Charitable Trust have several common interests and purposes, it is expected that these two organizations would function in a collaborative manner. For facilitating this, the following guiding principles of collaboration are approved by Board of Directors of WASSAN Foundation and WASSAN Public Charitable Trust, in respective meetings.
- WASSAN Foundation would be supportive to all efforts, initiatives and mandate of WASSAN Public Charitable Trust and vice versa.
- WASSAN Foundation and WASSAN Public Charitable Trust would enter into formal partnerships through formal memorandum of understanding for each collaborative project and initiative.
- WASSAN Public Charitable Trust would depute necessary staff and human resources to WASSAN Foundation as per the needs of WASSAN Foundation. The formal agreements would also cover the details of deployment for each collaborative project.
- Both WASSAN Foundation and WASSAN Public Charitable Trust would develop a robust Management Information Systems (MIS) for tracking the deployment and project related resources (finances; results and other assets, etc).
- WASSAN Public Charitable Trust and WASSAN Foundation would have common letter head and web sites to indicate collaborative arrangements between these two agencies
- The ToRs of all staff of WASSAN Public Charitable Trust would clearly indicate that they would be deployed to WASSAN Foundation as per the needs of the projects that WASSAN Foundation and WASSAN Public Charitable Trust.
- The funds at WASSAN Foundation would be utilized for the common purposes of WASSAN Public Charitable Trust and WASSAN Foundation on priority basis. The financial needs of WASSAN Public Charitable Trust would be considered on priority basis by WASSAN Foundation in terms of fund utilization at WASSAN Foundation.
- Common and convergence meetings would be organized regularly between these two organizations to ensure that there is a common plan of action at every level.
- Executive Secretary of WASSANPublic Charitable Trust is deputed as Managing Executive of WASSAN Foundation, to ensure a common plan of action and convergence between these organizations.
- Efforts would be made to have common members on the boards of both WASSAN Public Charitable Trust and WASSAN Foundation.